I just love it when dōTERRA® surprises me. While essential oils are definitely the “gift of the earth” they’re most passionate about delivering into our hands, that’s not where their support for holistic health ends. In fact, the oils we use won’t be free to work their maximum beneficial effects unless we’re also tending to our bodies in multiple other loving, supportive ways. One of these main avenues of support is the area of nutrition: what we put into our bodies to nourish them for the task of living.
Enter dōTERRA Fiber, a convenient and delicious way to supplement daily fiber intake. Many people struggle to consume the appropriate amount of fiber for their digestive needs, largely because not everyone has developed a taste for high fiber foods in the quantities the body requires and desires. Some research has shown that only 10% of us are getting the right amount of dietary fiber, leaving the other 90% in need of serious support! One serving of dōTERRA Fiber provides six grams of soluble and insoluble fiber, combined with refreshing Lemon oil, natural Vitamin C, and a unique prebiotic blend. To use, mix one scoop (or one Sample Sachet contents) with ten ounces of water and drink immediately.
Remember that one of fiber’s many benefits is that feeling of fullness it brings. The more full we feel, the easier it is to leave the kitchen or push back from the table, stopping ourselves from overeating. This effect comes from the soluble fiber, which is both a clever and healthy aid in supporting those weight management goals you’re working toward. Insoluble fiber is the key player for healthy digestion, keeping things running smoothly and regularly.
Natural whole food sources like apple, flaxseed, chicory root, and Jerusalem artichoke are included in dōTERRA Fiber to support a healthy gut microbiome. This term basically describes the community of all microbes that live inside the intestines. I know, it’s a tad graphic of a thought; but so important when you consider how much we now know about the impact that this area of the human body has on the rest of it! The gut has been nicknamed the second brain because of the vast amount of small molecules produced there, impacting everything from the immune system to neurological functioning. It is truly vital to keep as thriving and healthy a microbiome as possible.
It’s pretty cool why dōTERRA decided to include a fiber supplement in their product profile. They recognized it would take a whole lot of raw fruits and vegetables and bowls of oatmeal for a person to get the recommended 25 to 38 grams of daily fiber! Even fiber rich foods like avocados, raspberries, artichokes, beans and peas only supply about 5-8 grams of fiber per serving. We simply don’t get enough fiber from the modern diet, making supplementation essential for those who want to seize the health benefits associated with the proper amount.
First time drinking your Fiber, and wondering what to expect? The primary flavor note for dōTERRA Fiber is zesty Lemon oil, supported by hints of apple. As with all other products in the Nutrition line, Fiber is gluten-free with no added sugars; and it’s a no-nonsense, no-excuses approach to help you meet your digestive health and wellness goals. Let’s raise a delicious lemon-apple flavored glass and let Fiber do what it does best: support your overall well-being and the healthy function of key body systems. Thanks, dōTERRA, for offering us a totally new take on Fiber!